Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Am I Crazy????

www.afcanyonhalfmarathon.com

I think I am crazy!  I have been very annoyed lately because I haven't been exercising like I should and it wasn't a priority for me or my family (ahem...Antonio) to get my running in. I don't know why because they should see that I am in a lot better mood when I get my run in. I can't believe that I have turned into one of those people who love to run!   It all started on my 34th birthday...(holy crap I'm OLD!!)  Anyway the only thing I wanted to do was sleep in and go for a long run.....well not long...just 6 miles.  That's all I wanted to do and I didn't get to do it.  I was not happy.  The next week came and went and I hadn't been able to get very many runs in.  I need this for my sanity, people!!!   I had a mini nervous breakdown one weekend and my dad asked me if I wanted to go for a ride to my brother's house and while driving I saw a sign that said 6.25.11 American Fork Canyon Half Marathon.  I told my dad that I should sign up for it so that I could at least get my  exercise in.  I got home and googled it and found out that it was to support cancer!!  It was a sign from above.  I had to do this race.  For a moment I wanted to be a slacker and just do the 5k, but I knew that I didn't need to train for that and it wouldn't help me towards my goal so I decided to do another half marathon.  It is pretty much down hill so MAYBE I can get my time under 2 hours.  I really don't want to put pressure on myself, but I can't help it.  :)  All of the proceeds go to help families that cannot afford treatment.  I know first hand how much that can be.  My dad paid a TON of money each year.....more than most people make in one year salary for my mom's medication.  I can't imagine how sad it would have been to watch my mom die and know that she might have been able to live longer if we could been able to afford treatment.  Sad.  So...my mission is to get all of my family to run this race (at least the 5k) in memory of my mommy.  My dad is even going to do it.  He is 71!!!  He works out though so he will be fine!  Me and my brother are going to do the half marathon and everyone else is going to do the 5k.  I am kind of nervous because my brother volunteered me to fill in if anyone drops out of the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay the weekend before so hopefully all of his team runs it because I don't know if my feet will be better by the next week to do a half marathon.  My brother is doing Ragnar AND the half marathon and I think he is crazy!!  My toenails better not fall off or I will cry!  Last week after every run my toes were bleeding because my toenail kept digging into my skin even after I cut them way short.  I told my dad that I might be too vain to run because I don't want my toes to be ugly.  :)  I think I need new shoes.  Actually I KNOW I need new shoes.  I will get some tomorrow.  My running shoes are a year old so it is definitely time! Wish me luck and let me know if you want to do it with me!!!  There is still time to train!