Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm fixed!!!


Thursday was the big day....I had the hole in my heart repaired.  Originally I wasn't even going to go to the doctor until next week, but one day I lost my eye sight in my left eye and my left arm kept going numb and so they got me in early.  I feel surprisingly good.  I got a little scared once I got to the hospital, but I was trying not to think about what they were going to do and tried to trick myself into thinking I was just going to take a nap.  Anyway... they had to use a 30mm helix to repair the hole which is BIG.  The Dr. said that he has hardly ever used that size and especially not in a woman.  I think he had to use such a big one because on top of my hole I also had atrial septal aneurysm (ASA) which I don't completely understand.  I think it is the membrane that separates the left and right upper chambers of the heart and mine isn't closed, but flapping.  The procedure wasn't too bad.  I'm not in too much pain and I even turned down a loritab!!  ha!!  Anyway....I should be up and running (literally...I hope) in about 4 weeks.  I am even planning to do a half marathon in November in St. George so I better be better.  :)