Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Anniversary, Swimming and update





















































































Happy Anniversary to me!...  oh and Antonio.  We have made it 14 years!!  I think....just a second....yup 14 years!  It has been so long that I have to subtract the years.  Crazy!  I will admit that I didn't want to do anything because I am a party pooper.  Antonio bought me some new running shoes.  I think it was a hint that I needed to get running again.  I got the new Brooks Ghost 4.   They are cute!  They didn't fit so he talked me into exchanging them and then tricked me into going to dinner.  I didn't want to, but I'm glad that he forced me to.  We went to Carrabas which is my favorite!!!  A normal person wouldn't bring their kids on their Anniversary date, but we waited so long to have kids that we actually like being around them.  GASP!  It was fun.  Afterwards I tricked Antonio into going to the mall....fair is fair!  The girls got some ice cream and I shopped a little....ok a lot.  hahaha  I love to shop and I'm not afraid to shout it from the rooftops!  The swimming pictures are from another day.  We all love to go swimming (well I just love to lay out, but swimming is fun too, I guess).  I would put up more pictures, but Antonio has them in some weird format so he can edit them and I can't figure out how to use them.

OK now for all of you who care...I officially have a diagnosis!!  I will spare you the whole story because it is loooonnnggggg, but the diagnosis is that I have a hole in my heart.  Yes....a hole.  Evidently everyone is born with a hole in their heart, but when you breathe oxygen it is supposed to close, but mine didn't. The Dr. said it is pretty common (about 25% of people)  Some people go a lifetime and never find out about it.  Others (like me) start to have symptoms and find out later in life (but not too late because I am still young...you hear me?  I'm still young! :))  I have an appointment with my cardiologist in August to do further testing to see how big it is and to make an appointment for surgery.  I couldn't get in until mid August because I am going to Jackson again the first week of August!  I know I just got back, but my dad bought another condo there so I am going.  Who can resist?  not me!  Anyhoo....My doctor has told me not to run until I meet with the cardiologist because I have had 2 TIA's.  Yikes!  He knows I am concerned about gaining weight, but he told me that I can just buy a corset if I gain weight.  Yes, he really said that!  He was joking, but I thought it was funny.  He said that my sparkly toes and shoes were cute.  He also asked me if I was always so talkative and "fast paced".  I was like "what?  I actually am low key today because I have had a migraine."  I think he thinks I'm psycho...just like the last doctor.  I'm just nice!  and friendly!  and cute! and .....ok a little psycho!!  So...I know I shouldn't be happy that they found a hole in my heart and I'm not, but I'm just relieved that they actually found something wrong with me and now I can get fixed!  I have been saying for years that something was wrong.  I am not imagining it. All right that's enough for tonight....bye!